- Pathfinder Community Supports designs the level of training to promote each person’s greatest independence.
- Each home offers a family setting where each person will share daily tasks of running the home including cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, grocery shopping, personal shopping and banking.
- Pathfinder Community Supports encourages each person to have personal possessions in their room and throughout the home to reflect each person’s specific interest.
- Trained staff will be provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Pathfinder Community Supports encourages visits with family and friends. We encourage you to visit the homes of family and friends and to invite them to visit your home. Visitors are welcome at all reasonable hours.
- Transportation is available for every resident of the group home. Every effort will be made to accommodate the specific needs of each resident.
What every Group Home Resident Needs to Know
- Each group home resident will participate in a day service depending on their skills, needs and choices, such as community integration, community employment or (in some communities) a sheltered workshop.
- Retirement options are designed to meet individual needs
Goals & Objectives
- Each group home resident will work on goals needed to develop the skills to become more independent.
- Each quarter, there will be a meeting to discuss goals worked on and make needed adjustments. Annually, there will be a meeting with guardians and/or advocates to set goals for the following year.
- Goals are determined by each resident’s personal needs and choices.
Guidelines for Community Group Living
- Respect each other as a person and respect each other’s privacy
- Avoid teasing or fighting and handle conflicts in an adult manner
- Discuss any privacy issues with roommates
- Resident’s personal possessions are private and not to be borrowed or used without permission
- Proper manners are appreciated
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas
- Alcoholic beverages in the home are discouraged
- Residents should be responsible for their assigned daily tasks
- Respect should be shown for all house residents
- The resident is responsible for getting up to get ready for work, there are no set bedtimes
- Personal cleanliness and hygiene is encouraged, training is provided if necessary
- Any form of illegal substance is prohibited
- Respect all house property
- A dietitian develops menus based upon each person’s needs. Food preferences and dislikes are taken into consideration
- Handguns or other firearms are prohibited
- Pathfinder Community Supports will design services for you to support your choice of where and how to live, including work and leisure.
- Services will emphasize community-based environments where integration occurs.
- Services will be designed to utilize inclusion and support of family and friends.
- Pathfinder Community Supports group home services are designed to provide safety and security to all residents. Health care coordination is provided through licensed nurses and well trained direct support professionals providing the best care possible.
- Pathfinder Community Supports provides integrated services, which will benefit the resident’s quality of life in the community.
- Pathfinder Community Supports works cooperatively with all community organizations, to establish needed community support services.
Community Group Living services are paid for one of three ways:
- Private Pay
Each group home resident is able to be away overnight from home for up to 60 nights total per year for visits with family, hospitalizations, vacations, camps, etc. Any absence greater than 14 consecutive nights could affect placement. Situations will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Pathfinder Services, Inc. has 13 group homes in Indiana counties: Huntington, Marshall, Starke, and Wabash. Group Home Living provides 24-hour supervised group living for adults.