Discover Your Skills
The Discovery process provides an opportunity for the individual and their team to explore the individual’s talents, interests, preferences, capabilities, ideal work environment, and informed choice in order to identify an appropriate vocational goal.
- Personal Interview
- Trial Work Evaluations
- Helps determine eligibility for Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
- Situational Assessments
- Assesses an individual’s strengths and needs through observation of the individual’s behavioral and job task performance.
- Job Shadowing
- Provides an opportunity for the individual and their Employment Specialist to visit employers in the community and observe different jobs.
- Vocational Testing
- Utilized to help evaluate and identify an individual’s vocational strengths, aptitudes, abilities, capabilities, interest, and academic skill levels to identify an appropriate employment goal.
- Work Experience
- Allows individuals to explore jobs through first-hand, work-based learning opportunities.
- Identifying Careers