Pathfinder HomeOwnership Center and the City of Fort Wayne, Office of Housing & Neighborhood Services have partnered to offer a 5-year forgivable loan of up to $8,000 for down payment and closing cost assistance to qualified applicants under 80% AMI.
- 1st time homebuyer and complete an 8 hour in person or online Homebuyer Education class
- Purchasing a primary residence
- Pre-Approved for a fixed rate, fixed term first mortagage
- Must contribute minimum of $1,000 toward purchase
- Must have cash reserves greater than or equal to one month of proposed mortgage payment
- Must not have received an OHNS loan or grant within the past 10 years.
- Located within Fort Wayne city limits
- Purchase price less than or equal to $124,000
- Single family or single condominium dwelling on fixed foundation
- Must pass the UMSI inspection
- Property must pass environmental review
- Purchase agreement must include city approved Environmental Review Addendum & Voluntary Sales Disclosure
- Applicant cannot receive cash at closing