Here is some information about our FIRST EVER NeighborWorks Week event (we’ll have another one next week in Huntington for clean up/beautification) so you can write up some type of news release, article or whatever about this event. I know each of you want to highlight certain parts that are most important to your program, so use whichever information and whatever pictures best meet your needs. The event was held today, June 5, 9 AM – 1 PM at the Pathfinder Community Connections office in Fort Wayne. I have a picture attached here and will be sending more in subsequent emails as I cannot send them all at once as the file will be too large. Due to confidentiality of a sensitive issue, we did not take photos of customers.
I’ll give first names with each picture, but full names and titles are:
From Pathfinder Community Connections: Vickie Evans, Foreclosure Prevention Program Manager; Mike Davis, Foreclosure Counselor; Deb Kelsay, Foreclosure Counselor Assistant; Nate Adams, AmeriCorp VISTA Member; Steven Morgan, Foreclosure Counselor; Tina Krafft, Administrative Assistant; Jan Baumgartner, Director.
From Wells: Rebecca Ketchum, CRMP, Assistant Vice President, Wells Fargo Mortgage; Rosa Wheeler, Wells Fargo Bank Community Development Officer IN/OH.
First, let me sincerely thank Rosa Wheeler and Wells Fargo for their support during this event. Rosa enabled us to have Rebecca Ketchum, CRMP, Assistant Vice President of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, attend our event and meet with home owners who have mortgages serviced by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Rosa, as a member of Pathfinder Community Connections’ Fort Wayne Advisory Committee, also helped organize this event. Thank you Rosa and Wells Fargo!
Thanks also to Stephanie Reeve at the IFPN for posting this event on their website so other agencies could send their Wells clients to meet with Rebecca. We also partnered with the Fort Wayne Urban League, Fort Wayne Housing Authority, and Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northeastern Indiana and so they could send to the event any Wells customers they are assisting.
Last but not least, thanks to Vickie Evans and Nate Adams for spearheading the organization of the event and to all the Pathfinder Community Connections staff who assisted with the marketing, set-up, with the day’s events, and the clean up after.
20 home owners attended the event during which they:
- Could meet with Rebecca Ketchum who would discuss their loan status and then take their loan information to Wells Loss Mitigation Department who will soon contact the home owner with options regarding their delinquent mortgage;
- Could meet with one of Pathfinder Community Connections’ Foreclosure Counselors for additional advice and/or for enrollment in our program if their mortgage is not served by Wells. Customers currently being helped by other agencies were not enrolled in our program, but still received the education and assistance during the day.
- Spent time in a short foreclosure prevention class explaining the processes, options, scam alert, and other information regarding mortgage delinquencies and foreclosure prevention;
- Received NeighborWorks-generated information about the Loan Modification Scam Alert;
- Received information about our foreclosure prevention program and the Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network (IFPN).
We were very pleased with the turnout and the ability to help delinquent mortgage owners receive education and possible workouts.