Pathfinder HomeOwnership Center will help you gain the knowledge and confidence you need to buy a home. Home Buyer Education is offered to applicants that are pre-screened and their credit report indicates that they can obtain mortgage financing. The course is at least 8 hours and is two class sessions depending on the make-up of the class.
To enroll in a class, contact Sandy Ayers at (260) 456-2385 ext. 3601 or email her at [email protected]
Home Buyer Education Online
Achieving your goal just got easier! Pathfinder HomeOwnership Center is happy to offer an online Home Buyer Education course for those outside of Fort Wayne wanting to participate. eHomeAmerica is a certified online educational course that takes approximately 8 hours to complete. Once you’ve completed the course, Pathfinder HomeOwnership Center will contact you about your experience and send you your certificate!
The curriculum includes information such as:
- Is owning a home right for you?
- Steps in the home buying process
- What is a mortgage?
- Other costs of home ownership
- How much house can you afford?
- Developing a spending plan
- Improving your credit score
- Shopping for the right lender and loan product
- Definitions of: Escrow, appraisal, equity
- How to be a good neighbor
Individualized coaching is offered for families needing support and assistance to become ready for home purchase, our services include:
- Credit repair
- Debt payoff plan
- Setting goals toward home ownership
- Home buyer education classes to help you learn everything you need to know about buying a home
- Creating a household budget
- Addressing credit issues
- Shopping for a home
- Obtaining a mortgage
- Closing the deal
- Life as a homeowner