WHAT: Four Part Leadership Classes instructed by Karen Hinshaw with the Huntington County Purdue Extension Office
Supervision and assistance provided for all participants as needed
Dates and Topics: Monday, August 23rd, 2-3:30 pm:
- Understanding Leadership- What is Leadership?
- Why is it important in our lives?
- How have you been a leader?
- Understanding the difference between management and leadership
- Clarifying expectations-What do your managers expect from you? What do the people you manage expect from you?
Monday, August 30th, 2-3:30 pm:
- Building Relationships- Why are relationships important for leaders?
- Defining emotional intelligence and the relational model of leadership
- Relationship skills & strategies
Monday, September 13th, 2-3:30 pm:
- Communication Skills for Leaders- listening and speaking clearly
- The importance of effective communication skills in leadership
- How to recognize your own communication habits
- Skills for becoming a better communicator
Monday, September 27th, 2-3:30 pm
- Define & Model Excellence
- Communicating excellence
- Acting consistently with your definition of excellence
All classes to be held at Pathfinder North Campus – 2824 Theater Ave.
Space is limited; please make Reservations by calling Nicki Eckert at Pathfinder Services: 260-356-0500 Ext. 111 or e-mail her at: [email protected]
Sponsored by Pathfinder Services, Inc.