Karen Hinshaw, in conjunction with the Huntington County Purdue Extension Office, will be holding a four part Leadership Workshop at Pathfinder Services open to all employees of the organization and the public. The sessions will take place at the Pathfinder North Campus located at 2824 Theater Avenue in Huntington from 2:00 P.M. until 3:30 P.M. on the dates listed below.
All workshops are FREE but registration is required. To register for the below workshops please contact Nicki Eckert at (260) 356-0500 Ext. 111 or at [email protected].
The workshop dates and information discussed in each session includes:
Monday, August 23rd:
- Understanding Leadership- What is Leadership?,
- Why is it important in our lives?
- How have you been a leader?
- Understanding the difference between management and leadership
- Clarifying expectations-What do your managers expect from you? What do the people you manage expect from you?
Monday, August 30th:
- Building Relationships- Why are relationships important for leaders?
- Defining emotional intelligence and the relational model of leadership
- Relationship skills & strategies
Monday, September 13th:
- Communication Skills for Leaders- listening and speaking clearly
- The importance of effective communication skills in leadership
- How to recognize your own communication habits
- Skills for becoming a better communicator
Monday, September 27th:
- Define & Model Excellence
- Communicating excellence
- Acting consistently with your definition of excellence
For more information about Pathfinder Services, Inc. please visit www.pathfinderservices.org. Pathfinder Services, Inc. is a comprehensive human and community development not-for-profit human services organization based in Huntington, where it was founded in 1966. In addition to Huntington County, Pathfinder Services also provides services in Allen, Wabash, Marshall and Starke Counties.