Pathfinder Services Seeks LaMont Award Nominations
Pathfinder Services, Inc. is once again searching for an individual or organization in the community who has made an extra effort to assist persons with developmental disabilities. Nominations for the 31st Annual Herbert D. LaMont Award must be made by Monday, October 31st.
The award is given in memory of Herbert D. LaMont, who was a major force in the development of services for persons with disabilities in Huntington County. He was also an early supporter of Pathfinder Services, Inc.
Awards have been presented to Judy Vanderspool, Bill Kruzan, Helen Brandt, the late Kay LaMont, Dr. Eugene Habecker, Dr. John Regan, Chuck Nelson, Wynfield and Lyn Wetherbee, Kent and Sally Schenkel, Royce Ruckman, the late Tom Butler, Mary Brennan, Fred Teddy, Roger Strickler, David Brewer, Midge and the late John Decker, George Brown, Lola Lee Peters, Fr. Ron Reider, Altrusa International, Suze Ann Eichhorn, Harriet and the late Leo Zahm, Bill Hancher, Jim Scheiber, Greta Schenkel, Tim Allen, John Mignone, Bill Horoho, Keith and Nancy Hartley, Rose Broyles and Bob Burnsworth.
Past recipients of the LaMont Award were selected because of their continued years of dedication to making the community more aware of persons with disabilities and their potential. They have been involved in many special projects at Pathfinder Services, Inc. The award is designed to recognize an individual or organization that, through everyday example, creates the potential for persons with disabilities to become an integrated part of community life in Huntington County.
Criteria used to select recipients include:
- The nominee has made significant contributions towards creating opportunities for persons with disabilities to reach their maximum potential through communicating, working, and living as an integrated part of the Huntington
- Seeking by example to communicate and educate the Huntington community about the capabilities of persons with disabilities to become part of the mainstream of the community.
- Concrete examples of the nominee’s activities are necessary to document the impact made.
- The candidate must be active in Huntington County.
- No current staff member of Pathfinder Services, Inc. is eligible for the award.
Letters of nomination must be submitted by Monday, October 31st to:
LaMont Award Committee
c/o Sheryl Glancy, Executive Assistant to the President
Pathfinder Services, Inc.
2824 Theater Avenue
Huntington, IN 46750
The winner will be announced at Pathfinder Services, Inc.’s annual community recognition dinner on November 10th.